Another BEST seller by Mrs Wordsmith.
Develops deep word understanding and awareness, with synonyms, word pairs, story starters and more. Create a vocabulary learning habit in just five minutes every day.
or 4 payments of $9.75 with Afterpay
Perfect for the pre-reader and early learner, My First BANANAGRAMS utilizes lowercase letters that help children grow a love for word games and wordplay.
Also included are combo-letter word building tiles, which are the first step in word creation. With multiple mini games, My First BANANAGRAMS creates a step-by-step play-progression towards ultimately learning how to play a full game of BANANAGRAMS.$25.00
or 4 payments of $6.25 with Afterpay
The Thingamajig facilitates hands-on learning, improves focus and enhances fine motor skills, hand eye coordination and problem-solving abilities.
- Super soft fidget tool, which increases focus and reduces anxiety by keeping fingers busy releasing pent up energy; alleviating stress, tension and boredom in the classroom at home and on the go.
- Silently helps children from 3-8 improve fine motor skills, problem solving, counting, zipper skills and strengthens hand eye coordination.
- Actively engages kids in tactile exploration through their natural fascination with zippers, buttons, snaps and pastel colors as well as their interest in materials and counting numbers.
- The portable 7×5.5×2.5” sensory cushion silently enables fidgeting motion without disturbing others and can be kept in a backpack and used at school, home or in the car.
- Excellent for special education students with sensory and distinctive needs. Great fidget dementia pillow. Exceptional PT and OT therapy tools.
- Kids learn how to identify colors and count as the bright fun straps, zippers, cord and buckles hold their attention.
- Excellent at school, home, religious schools, on long car trips and when traveling.
- Lab safety tested
or 4 payments of $11.25 with Afterpay
Teach your students to identify and produce rhyming words with Auditory Rhyme Time Fun Deck. The cards outlined in red provide a sentence clue and photo (“Name something that tells time and rhymes with sock”). The corresponding cards outlined in purple show a photo of the answer (“clock”). Increase the level of difficulty by using the prompts on the red card to name other words that rhyme with the photo-word. This 56-card deck comes in a sturdy storage tin. Each card measures 2½” x 3½”.$22.50
or 4 payments of $5.63 with Afterpay
These 100 Colorful transparent discs have a thin, ferrous metal rim that attracts to magnets. Perfect for teaching colours and counting, plotting graph points on an overhead projector, playing bingo, and exploring properties of magnetism. Brightly coloured and transparent, they are great for counting and grouping exercises, and especially for bingo game card markers. Use a magnetic wand (sold separately) for easy clean-up.Ages 6 and up. Measures 3/4 inch diameter.Packaged with a cardboard backing.Magnetic wand not included.$9.00
or 4 payments of $2.25 with Afterpay
A comprehensive guide to embracing your child’s differences and putting them on the right path.
Raising Exceptional Children helps you:
- Explore your child’s needs–Covering attention and sensory issues, autism, dyslexia, giftedness, and more, this guide helps you recognize and understand your child’s unique differences.
- Strategize for success–From navigating tough emotions to setting appropriate goals, learn techniques that will help exceptional children develop lifelong skills.
- Get them learning support–Whether you’re interested in special education, homeschooling, or otherwise, discover ready-to-use advice for making sure your child has the right educational opportunities.
or 4 payments of $8.75 with Afterpay
This is a fast, easy word-building and word-changing game for two players who know at least one sound for each letter of the alphabet. It provides practice in:
- blending sounds into one-syllable words,
- manipulating sounds in and out of words,
- the two and three-letter consonant spellings sh, ch, th, wh, ck, ng, ll, ss, tch and dge.
- understanding that some spellings/sounds only occur before vowels, and some only occur after vowels.
Younger children will at first need help from an adult or older child to play successfully.
Cards are 6.5cm x 4.5cm (smaller than normal playing cards).$14.00
or 4 payments of $3.50 with Afterpay
ARK’s Baby Tetra-Bite® is designed to calm and soothe infants who are in the early stages of development. At approximately 5-6 months of age, babies start mouthing and chewing in order to strengthen their mouth muscles and exercise their lips, tongue, and jaw. This oral exploration prepares them to eat solid foods and to make speech sounds later on. The Baby Tetra-Bite™ provides a safe outlet for babies to develop these skills.
Available in 2 strengths – Soft (Teal) and Firm (Turquoise).
or 4 payments of $3.74 with AfterpayColour : Turquoise - Teal
Morpheme Magic: Lessons to Build Morphological Awareness for Year 5 – 13
Systematic and explicit morpheme lessons, teaching activities, and more will create morphological awareness for teachers and students alike! Fifty-three lessons, covering suffixes, prefixes, roots, and Greek combining forms, share a systematic routine that draws from the research on how we develop deep word knowledge. This program is sure to enhance advanced word study while building interest and curiosity about words.
Morpheme Magic Wall Cards (8.5 X 11 cardstock)
Appealing and informational morpheme reference cards for when teachers and students need a quick morpheme review or reminder. Post these in the classroom to support the Morpheme Magic lessons. These cards are built into many of the lesson activities, or can serve as a stand-alone for learning anytime during the day.
“This handbook will be welcomed by teachers who have been looking for a flexible and manageable set of lessons on common morphemes.” Dr Lousia Moats
Recommended to purchase as a Book & Wall Card Combo. Book and cards also sold separately.$90.00 – $172.00
or 4 payments from $22.50 with AfterpayBuy Now : Book & Wall Card Combo - Book - Wall Cards
The Rip Rap novels are fully decodable; sequentially and cumulatively introducing and practising digraphs, so that students are not confused by the plethora of word patterns in books with an uncontrolled vocabulary. The novels tell interesting, exciting stories, using natural language rather than the stilted and contrived sentences of some decodable material.
There are three series of Rip Rap books, each comprising 12 novels. The A and B Series are both suitable for upper primary to secondary students and adult readers. The Club Series is principally aimed at primary to lower secondary aged children. While it is important that each series is read sequentially from level 1 to 12, the levelled vocabularies of the three series are very similar. This means that students can switch between series, or read more than one book at each level for additional practice. The books in the Club Series however, are similar to one long novel, so it is particularly important that students read each book of that series in sequence.$165.00 – $170.00
or 4 payments from $41.25 with AfterpayBuy Now : Club Series - Series A - Series B
ARK’s Super Star Chew Necklace is designed specifically for the need to chew. Measuring in at approximately 1.1 x 2 inches and just under half an inch thick, this is one of our widest chew pendants. It’s a great option for those who prefer chewing with their pre-molars and/or front teeth (for more slender options that reach the back molars, see the Krypto-Bite™ and/or Brick Stick™). Use this oral sensory solution as a safe alternative to chewing on pencils, shirts, fingers, etc. and to help calm, focus, self-regulate, and shine bright.
ARK’s Super Star Chew Necklace comes in 3 colour-coded toughness levels:
- Standard (Dark Blue) = the softest option (the chewiest level) recommended for mild chewing
- XT (Black) = firmer, for moderate chewing
- XXT (Forest Green) = the most firm, for those who like to chew on fairly firm items (also the longest lasting level for avid chewing)
or 4 payments of $6.24 with AfterpayColour : Dark Blue - Forest Green - Black